A program for parents who are concerned about their child’s alcohol or drug misuse.
We parents will always care and worry about the wellbeing of our kids, no matter how old they are. When a parent suspects, or knows their child is using alcohol or drugs, they move into a space they can’t always control.
This can create a range of feelings and issues:
The whole family is often adversely affected. The aims of the Parent Program are to:
- Strengthen the relationship between the parent and child
- Increase effective coping strategies
- Decrease stress
- Increase skills in self care and self management
- Increase ability to manage the impact of alcohol or drug misuse
- Increase understanding of alcohol or drug misuse
- Recognise the effects of alcohol or drug misuse on the family dynamics.
Parents completing the Parent Program have reported positive changes to their well-being, family relationships, coping styles and problematic lifestyle behaviours. In addition, their child’s alcohol or drug use stopped or reduced; regardless of them not seeking help.