Inner Child Program
Exposure to parental alcohol or drug misuse can have devastating effects on the psychosocial development of children into adults. In adult life it may lead to:
- Difficulty trusting others
- Unmet emotional needs
- Relationship difficulties
- An increased likelihood of substance misuse
InnerChild is a program for people who grew up in a family affected by alcohol or drug misuse which is now impacting negatively on their adult behaviour.
The InnerChild program provides people with the ability to:
- Understand the impact that growing up in a family with addiction issues can have on a child
- Become more aware of how their childhood experiences have impacted on who they are as an adult and influence the ways they now cope with life
- Use this knowledge to improve self confidence, relationships and their general quality of life
- Reach a place where they are more able to let go of the past and move forward.