Get Real Program
Holyoake’s Get Real program is designed for young people who are experiencing difficulties with alcohol or drug misuse, anger, offending and other addictive behaviours.
Get Real aims to increase the young person’s awareness of their own behaviours and the possible negative consequences to themselves and their relationships. It is a safe, supportive and confidential environment to share experiences, identify available choices and make positive changes.
The program focuses on topics such as:
- stress, anger, grief and communication skills.
Access to the service can be by self-referral, or referral from schools, GPs, Psychologists. Tas Police or Youth Justice may refer people to the program as an alternative to sentencing.
The positive client outcomes of this program include:
- A reduction in substance misuse
- A reduction in impulsive behaviour
- A delay in the uptake of alcohol or drug use
- Awareness and regulation of feelings
- Improved community awareness of alcohol/drug issues
- Improved relationships
- Improved school attendance
- Decreased criminal behaviour.