|Young Peoples Program
A program for 4-17 year olds affected by the drug or alcohol use of a parent or family member.
Living in a family where there are alcohol/drug problems can be very stressful for kids. Children may not be getting their needs met, be confused by mixed messages and/or believe they are not safe. They may also become isolated, and find it difficult to trust others as well as their own thoughts and feelings.
The program aims to assist children to:
- Understand their feelings
- Understand family dynamics
- Identify the things you can and can’t change
- Develop age appropriate communication skills
- Feel less responsible and isolated
- Develop age appropriate self protection skills
All Holyoake programs are based on a harm minimisation model.