Parenting is difficult - even more so if alcohol and drugs are involved.
PlayTalk is a program designed to strengthen the child/adult relationship where alcohol/drug misuse has impacted on the family.
PlayTalk aims to:
- Explore ways to better communicate and relate to your child
- Explore parenting in a supportive and non-judgemental environment
- Strengthen bonds through creative and interactive play
- Encourage expression of feelings
- Raise awareness of the impact of substance misuse on the family
- Improve self esteem
PlayTalk is suitable for parents and primary caregivers with children.
All Holyoake programs are based on a harm minimisation model.