Whether a son or daughter is 15 or 30 they are bonded to us in a very special way.
The Parent Program offers support for parents who are concerned about their child’s drug or alcohol use
The aims of the program are to:
- Strengthen the relationship between the parent and child
- Increase effective coping strategies
- Decrease psychological stress
- Increase skills in self care and self management
- Increase their ability to manage the impact of alcohol or drug use
- Increase their understanding of alcohol or drug use
- Recognise the effects of alcohol or drug use on the family dynamics
Parents completing the Parent Program reported positive changes to their well-being, family relationships, coping styles and problematic lifestyle behaviours. In addition, their son's/daughter's alcohol/drug use stopped or reduced; regardless of them not seeking help.
All Holyoake programs are based on a harm minimisation model.